Wednesday, November 20, 2013

"About Face"

Pic semi-related. 
I've been way busy lately, and therefore got a bit behind on my bloglovin feed, so this post is a rather late response to a post from Sarah over at Venus Trapped In Mars.

As part of the continuous string of Serendipitous Bullshit that is my life, I keep running into blog posts that happen to address an issue/topic/idea I'd been thinking about and/or planning to write about.

Sarah mentioned that she feels like every post needs to be something grand and and really clever, a problem I'm running into a lot of. (Hence my recently having only two posts in as many months. Oops.) I feel like I should have some point to make, that just relaying a story wouldn't be interesting enough.

But then I realized, one of my favorite things about reading "lifestyle" blogs is learning about the people behind them. That's why even though I frequently feel like I have so little in common with most of these people, especially the girls I read (which I confess, usually boils down to 'she's pretty and thin and I'm so not') I become fascinated with them, invested in what's going on with them.

I'm all about stories.
Everyone has stories, and I want to hear all of them.

...and who the hell knows, maybe someone wants to hear mine.

No comments: