Sunday, December 8, 2013

Bikers, Timelords and Footballers, Oh My!: A Fan Friday Link-Up...

Venus Trapped in Mars



...on Sunday night. 

I had originally planned on something of a follow-up to my last post, but I've been so deep in the feels lately that I need to come up for air for a minute. 

So instead of further musings on things that hurt but are good things, I'm gonna link up with Sarah for Fan Friday. I'm a fan of a lot of things, so this'll be E-Z-peasy, assuming I don't get too wine drunk to finish this post. Here's what I've been consuming lately. 

Pretty much the whole show, right there. 
Sons of Anarchy: I remember watching the first handful of episodes with my dad when it first aired, but I soon wound up with some thing or other taking up all my time, so the show fell off my radar. One day, the Chef was talking about Sons and I thought 'hey, I think I recall liking that show!"

The first 4 seasons were on Netflix, and I located the rest of it online. Because the Chef and his wife both watch Sons, they understood when at work, I would randomly laugh out loud, or whimper, yell or cry when I'm watching  in the office and doing paperwork. Jesus that show stresses me out. 

Not as much as Doctor Who, though - but that's not so much about plot and story things as from being really frakking frustrated with the way the show is being run. I'll explain that mess one day...

Double the Doctor!
I'm still not 100% on how I feel about the big 50th anniversary special, but I don't hate it. It was a good story, full of feels and giggles and the way it incorporated ALL THE DOCTORS was pretty darn awesome... But a certain major plot point did kind of feel like a giant middle finger to the entire fandom. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about.

Again, that's the show, right there.
Then there's Downton Abbey, or as I like to call it "No One's Allowed To Be Happy" might possibly be even more emotionally taxing than Doctor Who. That show is a big fan of the Break the Cutie and Break the Haughty tropes. Especially with Mary. Good greif. I didn't really like her all tha tmuch but now I just want to hold her and tell her everything is going to be okay. I hope.

Also, how fabulous was Shirley McClain as Cora's mother?

I need season 4. Neeeeeeeeeddd.

And finally, there's the AFC Wimbly Womblies! 



I'm gonna leave it there, because I'm getting dangerously close to weepy drunk. Later, ya'll.

No comments: